*Important note – Do not bring young children to English Conversation. We have many other activities (especially on Sunday morning) when children are very welcome. Young children must stay home (with a responsible adult) when you come to English Conversation. Thank you for understanding and following this rule*
Hurricanes sometimes come to Louisiana. We do not have hurricanes come to Baton Rouge every year and we hope we do not have any this year. There have been three in the last fourteen years. But if one comes will you know what to do?
Come learn about hurricanes and how to be ready for them at English Conversation this Friday August 2 starting at 7:30 p.m. at the home of:
Michael and Carolyn Cavanaugh
744 Dubois Avenue, 70808
You can drive yourself – or ride on the church bus which will pick up from:
- Highland Plantation apartments bus stop at 6:50 p.m.
- El Cid apartments at 6:55 p.m.
- Edward Gay apartments (outside gate) at 7:05 p.m.
- Tiger Towers/West Chimes (outside front gate) at 7:08 p.m.
- Nicholson apartments (covered bus stop) at 7:10 p.m.
- Tigerland (across from Circle K store) at 7:15 p.m.
- Brightside (bus stop across street from Circle K gas station) at 7:18 p.m.
Please allow 5-10 minutes for the bus to arrive because of weather or traffic.
Directions (pretty close to campus):
- drive southeast from LSU along Highland Road
- cross Lee Drive
- turn left onto Leeward Drive (just like you are driving to the church)
- turn right onto Menlo
- quickly turn left (at the park) onto Leeward
- turn left onto Boone
- at the corner turn right onto Dubois
- look for house 744 on the right just before a hill that goes down